Friday, July 17, 2009

Day 17: Everything Old is New

Free day. Quiet day which I took the time to finish up postcards on the beach and wander down the beach. Also through the bookstore for a while, which is always an intriguing interlude. I find it interesting to find some translated books that are actually from the 80s and are new to the Estonian bookstore. There are also people I've seen with in-line skates a few times.

I mean, I've seen the same sort of thing in Finland, but it brings to mind that there is a section of popular culture that Estonia didn't even experience from the 40s to the 80s, so many types of books and music and movies they didn't have access to. Even the DVD and Music shelves are filled with every type of music from all stages of that time. The point is, for Estonia, is everything old is new. They have decades to discover and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment